Statement of Faith
The following is a series of brief statements depicting what Mt. Zion Church of Ontario believes and adheres to regarding the Christian Faith.
- We believe the Bible is the verbally inspired word and revelation of God, inerrant, infallible and God-breathed (Psa. 19:7-11; II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:16-21).
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ - His virgin birth; that He is the incarnation of the Father - very God of very God, for whom and by whom all things were created (John 1:1-14, John 8:58, John 10:30-33 and 14:9; Heb. 1:8).
- We believe in the substitutionary atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He by the grace of God tasted death for every man, and that all must be born again or are forever lost (Heb. 2:9; John 6:44-69; John 3:1-18).
- We believe in the physical resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ and that He ascended into the heavens, and is now at the right hand of God as our mediator, priest and advocate. (Acts 3:12-26; John 20; Heb. 9:24; I Cor. 15:1-8, 12-18).
- We believe in the universality and exceeding sinfulness of sin (Ezek. 18:4; Rom. 3:1-26; Rom. 6:23).
- We believe in the Triune God manifest in three Persons - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the infallible interpreter of the infallible Bible (Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 28:19; II Cor. 13:14; John 14:16-17; I Cor. 12:4-6; I Peter 1:2; John 6:27; John 1:1; Acts 5:3-4).
- We believe in the personal, premillennial coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (1) for His saints; and (2) with His saints to reign a thousand years over this earth (I Thess. 4:13-18; I Cor. 15:50-55; Rev. 19: 19-20; Rev. 20:1-6).
- We believe that Heaven is a place for eternal blessedness and that Hell is a place of eternal suffering (II Cor. 5:1-10; Rev. 20:1-15; Rev. 21 & 22).
- We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for all Christians, one baptism but many fillings (Romans 8:9, 14-27; Eph. 1:13-14; Eph. 5:18; I Cor. 12:12-13).
- We believe in the Great Evangelistic Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ. "Go ye, therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matt. 28:16-20; Acts 1:8).
- We believe that all followers of the Lord Jesus must maintain good works (Eph. 2:10, 4:1-32; Titus 2:1-5; Titus 3:1-11).
- We believe in the personality and reality of Satan (Rev. 12:9-10; Matt. 4:2-11; Isa. 14:12-17; John 8:44).