Pastor Brian Eric Kennedy has been the Senior Pastor at Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Ontario, California since 1998. Prior to Mt. Zion, Pastor Kennedy was on the management team of Prison Fellowship as the Los Angeles Area Director for eleven years.
Pastor Kennedy also served as a Youth Pastor for 15 years in two local churches in Los Angeles (South Los Angeles Baptist Church, and Evening Star Missionary Baptist Church) before serving at Mt. Zion, and has thoroughly enjoyed full-time ministry since 1986.
Pastor Kennedy’s life before full-time ministry was a short-term career in the accounting field. Graduating from San Diego State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting, Pastor Kennedy worked as an accounting clerk, a bookkeeper and a cost accountant in a manufacturing firm.
Having received a foundation of commitment to Christ, and hard work from childhood from his father and mother (Bradford and Evelyn Kennedy), and his church family in Sacramento, Calif. (St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church), Pastor Kennedy's life goal is to live out servant leadership among the Mt. Zion Church congregation, and beyond, to the end that God is glorified in His church by Christ Jesus (Ephesians 3:20 -21).
Pastor Kennedy, was encouraged to attend seminary by Dr. S.M. Lockridge, (Calvary Baptist Church, San Diego, Calif.) and received a Master of Divinity Degree from Talbot School of Theology and with unwavering support from his wife Hilda, children, and the Mt. Zion Church family, received a Doctor of Ministry at Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Business Administration, with emphasis in Accounting, San Diego State University, San Diego, California, 1983.
Master of Divinity Degree, Bible Exposition, Talbot School of Theology, LA Mirada, California, 1993.
Doctor of Ministry Degree, Leadership, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, Brea, California, 2005.
- Adjunct Preaching Professor at Gateway Seminary in Ontario, CA
- Author of Timeless Insights From the Book of Judges, How to Function in God's Eternal Plan in a Compromising Culture, Westbow Press, 2017.
- Author of Let’s Stand Together and Pray, A collection of prayers to respond to God’s Word, Mt. Zion Church of Ontario Publication, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Guest instructor at Los Angeles Bible Training School (completed homiletics course for professor unable to complete semester).
- Guest lectured as a community leader at California Baptist University for the Introduction to Ministry Class.
- Guest lectured as local Pastor at Los Angeles Bible Training School, woman’s development class.
- Guest lectured for area-wide Sunday School conference for Pastor’s development class.
- Guest lectured for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Officer Training Academy.
- Guest lectured for the Ontario Police Department Sensitivity Training Course.
- Guest speaker for local churches, and men’s conferences.
- Strategic planning facilitator for struggling local churches.
- Serve with the Ontario Fire Department Chaplain’s Program.
- Missionary to Africa, St. Vincent, WI, and Tchula Mississippi.
- Board Member for California Baptist Foundation.
- Led historic church in Ontario through several potentially church splitting transitions.
- Enjoys mentoring three Senior Pastors.
- Advocate for the intentional practice of spiritual disciplines in the local church.
- Enjoys bicycle riding, walking with wife, and spending time with family and friends.
Pastor Kennedy is married to the former Hilda Barnes and they have four children: Brian Jr., Evelyn, Lelia and Joshua.
Visit Our Location
Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 6:00 pm
91762, UNITED STATES